Sunday, May 28, 2017

All quiet on the martian front and all the usual down at the club

Well we got to try out All Quiet on the Martian Front, for a second time. I like the system very much, elegant in its simplicity but all too easy to forget rules again. No fault of the rules, just fading brains filled with too many other sets. But more details to follow.
Well we messed up the rules, humans in cover get a few advantages, in our game the black dust launcher caused a lot of damage as they got, you guessed it no advantage.

Each game I have played saw the Aliens lose a tripod nice and early and this sends a chill down your......spineless cephalo thorax????
Gotta love the tanks, steam powered WWI or earlier prototypes.

The Aliens win. Not much left of the human force from 1800 points. But I think we are missing something with the humans it seemed to easy in both games to win as the Aliens. Must read the rules a little better me thinks.

Baz's Kill the Strachen bomber....game 1 London 1 and Germany 0

Kill the Strachen game 2 London 2 Germany 0 sounds like a football match.

Usual X-wing and seemed a good close game. My Empire ships got blown from the sky yet again even though I was not in command.
This last item is a little highlight from my time at Cancon Earlier this year. I had the chance to play in the Infinity tournament and had a ball needless to say. All my opponents were great and most had brilliantly painted miniatures. I did not get to play against Greg Milsop the owner of the above minis alas. But I want you to look carefully at the minis to the left and right of the big TAG in the middle. Yep they are clear......he molds and then casts them in clear resin to act as his units that are in TO camo. TO camo is basically invisible.......who would have guessed. I hope Corvus Belli the manufacturers of Infinity do something similar. I'd buy them.

No comments: