Wednesday, November 26, 2014

How to get whooped in SAGA

A friend came around for a quick game of SAGA as he was on holidays and we could get the game in during the week. He played snow Irish and I was the slightly more colourful Normans. This was the second outing for the Knights of Normandy and their followers so I will not claim expertise in their use. But needless to say around 3 turns into the baggage train scenario and it looked like I was doomed. Yet as is often the case a surviving knight hunted down Irish stragglers and the game started to even up. But when my hero of the hour finally succumbed it was all over. Regardless it was a great game.

On with the show.
 
The table at the beginning
 
 
My left flank beginning
 
 
 
Right flank beginning
 
 
 
Snow Irish enemy right
 
 
 
 
Snow Irish enemy left (very fair these Irish)


 
Heading into the Irish full of confidence only to be shot to bits by javelins then charged.


 
After 3 turns the baggage is looking like it is in trouble.
 
 
 
 
Something similar happened here. Knights gone, spear about to be ambushed from the trees.

 
Oh well sheep can fight back too I hope.


 
Ah................Nope.
 
 
So at the end of the game my force is looking pretty nice off table.
The nicest highlight was both leaders knocking each others heads off by the end of turn 3 clever.
 
Well I am looking forward to Friday night at the club as I will get to try out Green Jackets a free card driven skirmish game for Napoleonic battles and I hope to run my recently painted Austrians.
 






 

No comments: