Monday, March 4, 2013

Hott

Got a game in at home with the lads. HOTT, yep Hordes of the Things, 15mm DBA fantasy. I messed up a little using measuring sticks with the wrong movement on them. It still worked and as per usual when rekinddling a game from the depths of the vault I lost. Quite, I might like to add, convincingly even when number 2 son rolled aweful movment pips/dice. Made a few mistakes in the rules as we went along as though we have all played DBA we have had very few games of HOTT. Actually this was a really nice way to spend an afternoon.
The set up, Combined Orc army at 48 points run by the lads. Vampire fueled undead army by yours truly.
2 Behmoths facing off against the orc riders and general hero, a giant spider and non other than Thrud the Barbarian as my big beasts! Please note that the 15mm Ralpartha wolf riders started life as 25mm models. Ditto thrud the Barbarian. How things have grown.
My loses at the end of the game, both generals, my knights and the odd skelington or 3. Yep I rolled lower than the number of lost elements when the general fell and game over. I think I killed off 4 wolf riders and an enemy behmoth and that was about it. Note the Here There Be Dragon Rules, never played 'em! But they looked good with the models on top.

No comments: